The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I'm reading a gazillion things right now, but at the pace of a snail. I think this is because I'm only mildly interested in the things that I'm reading. I'd love to read an easy book that I just can't put down. Suggestions? The other day I started reading a collection of short stories by Ray Bradbury because it happened to be close to my bed and I didn't want to get out of bed and look for something different. So far, I am supremely disappointed. In high school I read a few of Ray Bradbury's books (Fahrenheit 451, Dandelion Wine and Something Wicked This Way Comes) and really liked them. I haven't read anything since, but I have this book because there is a short story in there that I am interested in reading. I picked it up and have read probably about 60 pages so far (I have not gotten to my story yet) and I guess I find that Ray Bradbury's writing style, at least in these stories, feels old and sorta childish.

A week or so ago I decided to have some of my paintings made into note cards. I had been thinking about it for awhile, but a stranger sent me an email, asking if she could buy some Christmas cards from me. So, I picked some paintings, made some cards, and then sent them off to the printer. Yesterday I got the cards back from the printer and they look great! Now I just have to figure out a way to get ride of them. I have a couple more orders for cards, so that will get rid of some. I'd like to see if there are small shops that will sell them, but I'm just so bad at self-promotion. At any rate, if it's anything like when I ordered cards before, they will all get used, somehow.

My major project today is to begin drawing the Easter card for the Catholic missionary organization. I'm a little nervous about it (ie, whether or not I can actually draw/paint what they're asking for), but hope that it'll all fall into place. I'm going over to Jenn's to start work on it (she has her own project to work on), and she's a very good drawer, so maybe if I get stuck she can help me out.

- Jenny, 11/04/2009 08:28:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com