The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, October 29, 2009

If this blog was like an exhibit at the zoo, I suppose it'd be classified like a hippo or something that rarely moves. But only the distinguished zoo watcher will notice this hippo stirring to write yet another blog post. (Here's a tip for the lucky passer-by--better just bookmark my RSS feed in order to get all of my live action!)

I've been thinking about blogging for a couple of months now. I miss it, and I am beginning to not be thrilled with constantly having to express myself on the internet in 140 characters or less (or whatever that ratio is). Is it fun to do so? Yes. But is it substantial? No. Not that this blog was ever really substantial...it is just more substantial than 140 characters. Most of the reason why I stopped blogging is that I just didn't have time for it anymore. When I first started blogging, I blogged at work because I had nothing but time there. Then, when I moved on to seminary, my time was very flexible. Ever since I've returned home since then, I feel like I have no time. Different jobs pulling me different places, my homeless nonprofit taking over my life, and wanting to spend time with Gavin, my family, Gavin's family, and friends. There's not much time after all of that.

Well, my job at the hospital(s) looks like it's winding down for now. And I'm currently, in the wake of the time that that has freed, trying to figure out what to do and how to do it. For this month I am mostly surviving on freelance graphic design projects. Thankfully, I actually have some that are keeping me busy, and I just got a new client, which is very exciting. Part of me is wondering if I should take this opportunity to try to work on my freelance "business" and make it into an actual business. That is a big step and involves a lot of work that I'm not especially thrilled to do. Like look for clients and do business-type stuff. But, I have to say that I love the freedom of working at home. So it may be worth it. Who knows?

So, at least in the near future, I look to have more time. I think I'd like to spend some of that time blogging. We'll see what happens.

- Jenny, 10/29/2009 07:05:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com