The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, May 04, 2009

Well, I'm quickly fading, but I thought I'd stop in to post a quick summary of where I'm at.

This weekend was mostly painting, drawing and sports (and allergy attacks). And a preaching bit on Sunday that I nailed. I preached this sermon that I preached about a year ago that I didn't think was very good (after I preached it). But this church needed me to preach on short notice, so I had to pull a sermon out of somewhere and I just couldn't remember what sermons I had preached at the church I was preaching at, so I preached this sermon that I knew I had preached only once before. (Confusing, or what?!) Anyway, I read over the sermon and I thought, "Hey, this isn't so bad afterall." Then I went there and preached it, preached it well, and got nice comments afterward. I suppose the comments are almost always nice (that is, unless you preach in Jamaica, where they're not as concerned with giving nice comments), but I could tell that this particular sermon was the right one to preach on Sunday.

Sports: I will be playing on three different sports teams this summer. One volleyball team and two softball teams. So pretty much Saturday/Sunday/Monday is now a sports trifecta or whatever. I can only say that my body has felt a little sore in a few areas over the past couple of days. I think it should be good, although part of me hates that I've occupied my whole weekend. Thankfully I feel free enough to let the various teams know when I can't play.

Painting: The New Jersey painting gig is this Saturday and I'm getting nervous about it. I am still putting together different flower paintings for the event, which means that there is not a whole lot I have gotten to regarding the extracurricular bits (ie, the more important bits to me - what I will sell!). I'm trying not to get overwhelmed about it, and today I feel like it's not insurmountable, so...hopefully all will be ok. I also have Family Promise stuff to do this week, so it's a bit of a juggling match when I already feel a bit slow and foggy, since I stopped a lot of things the week before Joey's wedding (while the things continued on), so I feel a bit behind and unable to stop and get my bearings on where I'm at with things.

Anyway, tomorrow I have the day off, so I plan on doing solely painting/drawing and Family Promise. I also plan on making this Chicken with tomatoes, apricots and chickpeas dish for dinner. Now I finally know what to do with those apricots I bought from Costco but don't really like (the Trader Joes slab apricots are 10,000x better).

- Jenny, 5/04/2009 11:49:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com