The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, May 08, 2009

So I made it to NJ today (Friday). I've been busy this whole week preparing both for this trip and for my Family Promise meeting, which was last night. I did not have much time to do much else.

Anyway, the Family Promise meeting went much better than I expected it to go. I remain amazed at how much has happened, especially right when I feel that all is lost and we will never make it. Another reminder for me that God is good.

The plane ride felt very quick (we actually landed 45 minutes early!), up until our descent, when I almost vomited that point, it seemed as if we would never land. I have never had that reaction before on an airplane and, let me tell you, it is not pleasant. I had the barf bag in hand as we were going through the rolling turbulence and I turned my air on high and tried to blast it in my face. I think if I would have not been constrained to a seat and not been around a fair amount of people that I would have let it blow. Ugh. I never want that to happen again.

It has been very fun to be with Emily and be able to have girl talk person to person! And hang out (somewhat) like old times. It is also fun to be back in NJ to remind myself just how different it is from my home, a fact that I had forgotten until Tracey visited LA and exclaimed several times each day, "It's so different here!" and "You must have felt so foreign in NJ!" It was also fun to be treated by Emily to dinner in Princeton at a restaurant I have always wanted to eat at, and then to stop by Halo Pub and get a scoop of my favorite ice cream.

Regarding my gig, I left home feeling more confident about being prepared for my assignment, having drawn up nearly 40 drawings (of 6 different flowers), having a finished painting of every flower (and in some instances two finished paintings), but then tonight I worked on painting/finishing more flowers and I finished exactly two paintings in a span of two hours. Two hours is exactly how long I will be painting for at the French place. So, I am back to being paranoid and petrified about tomorrow. Thankfully, I have tomorrow morning and early afternoon to continue to work on the paintings, and will have Emily by my side to help provide assistance and emotional support. Somehow or other we'll make it through this next day. I brought a camera and hope to take pictures, and I will also post pictures of the flowers I have painted. All in good time...must not do that before I do more work on the paintings.

Until later!

- Jenny, 5/08/2009 10:12:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Weblog Commenting by