The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It has been a full day. I didn't get much sleep last night and so have been a little tired all day long. At the Seder tonight, Fr. Paul said he also did not get much sleep last night. Consequently, he told us that today while he was in the midst of having a long conversation with one of his patients, that patient got a phone call. The phone call was so long that Fr. Paul fell asleep while in the patient's room and the patient had to wake him up! How embarrassing! (and hilarious!)

Anyway, I got some exciting news a couple of days ago in my inbox. It seems there's a French store opening up in New Jersey (Princeton, actually) and for their Grand Opening (which is Mother's Day weekend), they were hoping to get a watercolorist to be at their store, painting small, simple French countryside flowers for their visitors to get as free take-aways. So, anyway, after a little talk, I've decided to go out to Princeton for Mother's Day weekend. They are paying for my materials, my hotel and food and my transportation to and from the airport, while I paid for my airfare and am doing the event for free. However, I get to sell paintings while I am there and hopefully gain exposure from the event.

I think what is so exciting about this opportunity is that it is yet another one in a long string of events that keep me painting and encourage me to envision what it would be to try to make a living off of painting. Or...at least maybe a more significant portion of my living off of my painting. It seems so impossible, and yet at the same time, I get work and opportunity without even trying for it. Food for thought...

Well, best be getting to bed. Today has gone better than yesterday, and for that I'm thankful.

- Jenny, 4/14/2009 03:35:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com