The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, April 17, 2009

All right - finally it is Friday. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I have been working for the last 4 days straight and I'm ready for a break. I really don't know how I used to work 5 days in a row. Well, I suppose when I'm doing graphic design it's not that bad, but I think when you're working as a chaplain and have to talk to people over and over and over again sometimes about heavy topics, it becomes very draining. Yesterday it was hard to get my heart into it (probably because Wednesday I had some weird/difficult interactions), so I expect that today I'll also be looking at the clock all day long. I think it might also be that I have been kinda overworked for the last couple of months with work, but then also with Family Promise and also with various wedding stuff for Carrie/Marian/Me. The long and short of it is that I might need a vacation.

Anyway, no big plans for the weekend, which I think is just as well. In fact, I might get started on the things I need to prepare for this upcoming week. For those who don't know, my brother and Carrie get married not this Sunday but the next (the 26th). So, I need to tidy up our house, prepare stuff for the rehearsal dinner, etc. I also would like to get my car washed. I also need to paint...I tried painting on Wednesday night and my results were just "eh." It made me very nervous for this May thing.

I was getting so good at keeping my email inbox between 55-70 and now I'm creeping closer and closer to 90+. Perhaps I can spend some time this weekend cleaning out my inbox as well.

Once again, I finished and reviewed another book on Goodreads. This one called Just Wives: Stories of Power and Survival in the Old Testament and Today. Something that was exciting for this book is that there are no other written reviews, so I feel ultra cool. Anyway, just wanted to give more publicity to this site - I really love being a part of it. You can keep track of the books you've read (and what you rate them), the books you are reading, and the books you want to read. I think that last point is helpful to me, because as I hear of books I'm interested in, I'll add them to my list. That way, next time I am at the library or whatever, I can go on the internet and find a book on my list. And if you're my friend, then you can see books I review and vice versa. It's fun.

Well, I suppose I should iron my shirt, dry my hair, put on my makeup and head in to work. Hope you all have a good weekend!

- Jenny, 4/17/2009 08:09:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com