|The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, January 30, 2009
Since everyone has been writing their 25 random things about themselves and has been tagging me, I have decided that this is about the noblest way I can spend my Friday morning while I'm still in my PJs. So, here goes:
1. Recently I have been playing this video game called Little Big Planet with Gavin. While I don't really like playing video games, this one's all right...maybe even a little fun. Basically it's like a Mario game where your character goes through this level and collects prize bubbles. The bubbles could contain points, or new outfits for your character, or stickers or whatever. The only problem is that playing for any length of time messes with my brain. Whenever we stop playing, my brain is still looking for those prize bubbles...behind the couch...or maybe there's one underneath the table...or maybe in the kitchen. Plus, I begin thinking that I (and whatever I'm in, such as my car) can bounce off of anything...not good.
2. I really enjoy room temperature water. You'd never know this about me, though, because I always fill my glass with as much ice as I can because I love eating my ice. In fact, I am passionate about eating ice and have preferences with the type of ice that I like and I know the restaurants that we can go to that have better ice.
3. I have a really difficult time falling asleep, in general. Sometimes I think I must resemble a dog because I have to constantly toss and turn until I find the exact right spot to settle down in. Plus, I have to have something to cover me because I need to cuddle with it.
4. I think I am a decent speller, unless the word involves double letters. I never seem to remember which letter gets doubled, or even if a letter gets doubled...and forget it if the word involves several pairs of doubled letters.
5. Tonight for dinner I am having Lynne's Spicy and Sweet Chicken Saute, which is a recipe I got via email from the Splendid Table, a podcast I listen to. It involves marinating chicken breasts in hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, jalapeno peppers and vinegar. I made it a day or two ago because it has to marinate. I am hoping it tastes good.
6. I have 267 movies in my Netflix queue. I got Netflix as a gift a couple of years ago and now I'm a slave to it. But I think it's a great deal and it works with my tendency not to be very good at returning things promptly.
7. I would give up MySpace entirely, if it wasn't for a friend or two who blogs on there. I much prefer Facebook.
8. I first started talking to Gavin exactly one year ago on eHarmony. We didn't go out on our first date until the 9th of February, the day after my brother's birthday. Coincidentally, the 9th of February is also the day after Gavin's mom's birthday.
9. I never considered myself popular growing up, but I'd say that I'm pretty popular now as an adult. I'm not sure how that happened.
10. I have some weird food allergy that causes me to lose my voice when I eat or drink certain things. The tricky part is that I have never been able to really conclude what it is that I'm allergic to, other than a fair amount of alcohol. I even went to an allergist to get to the bottom of this, but never got any conclusive results. Mystery.
11. I think it is worth it to spend enough money to get quality shoes that support your feet.
12. I don't really enjoy watching television. I'd rather spend my time doing other things, like going on the internet. I love the internet.
13. I love to eat vegetables. I'm not a vegetarian, but I eat WAY more vegetables than meat because I enjoy their flavor much more. I quickly lose interest in meat.
14. Funny story about being a vegetarian. When I was a little girl (5 or 6?) I decided that I wanted to be a vegetarian, so I declared it to my family. I think this was shortly after I discovered salad, my first great love. My family, being very fond of meat, wasn't fond of my decision, so they would still make steak and call it "watermelon steak," which I believed because we eat meat medium rare, so it was still pink. My dad still laughs about it 25 years later.
15. No matter what time of year it is or what the weather is, listening to the Indigo Girls makes me feel like it's summer.
16. My absolute favorite place to buy clothes is at Eddie Bauer. I love their style and am constantly looking at their clothes that are part of their collection. Consequently, if you're wearing something from Eddie Bauer, I already know without you telling me about it.
17. I can sing some songs on expert on Rock Band. I feel that high school prepared me very well for that game.
18. Lumpy dairy grosses me out.
19. The idea of long hair appeals to me, but I find that whenever I have long hair I almost always put it up in a ponytail.
20. Life-like statues of human beings that are more or less the appropriate size freak me out. I absolutely, positively do not like seeing them out of the corner of my eye.
21. My favorite type of weather is probably the wind. I love it when it's breezy and sunny but on the cool side. Perfect.
22. I'm not really a big-vision person. I'm too pragmatic and do much better at taking steps to enact the big-vision.
23. I LOVE the feel of freshly washed sheets. That being said, you'd expect that I'd wash them all the time. Nope. I wash them probably about twice per month or, even sometimes once per month, or even sometimes once per every two months. I am not a fan of doing laundry.
24. I have always wanted to go on a cruise until recently, when I have heard stories about how cruises can be dangerous because thieves/murderers will go on cruises, push you overboard, and then raid your room. After hearing that, I think I might be too afraid to go on a cruise.
25. (LAST ONE!!) Strong smells give me migraine headaches.
- Jenny, 1/30/2009 10:16:00 AM