The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, December 29, 2008

I suppose I'm a lot behind on blogging, so here's a synopsis of what I've done:

December 13-23:
Went to various parties and prepared for Christmas. I shopped here and there and also painted a bit for some presents and then eventually wrapped everything. Wrapping is my favorite.

Christmas Eve:
Christmas Eve morning I tried to tidy up the house. Gavin came over and we went to breakfast with Colleen and Jenny. Afterwards, we watched some of LOST Season 4 before Gavin went with my dad to go to the go kart track, which was Gavin's Christmas present. I didn't want to go, so I stayed home and was bored most of the time. Eventually, Gavin and dad came back and dad mysteriously left to the store, while Gavin and I headed up to my extended family's Christmas celebrations at Aunt Ellie's. There we had a delicious burrito dinner and opened presents and had a good time. Gavin took some pictures, so when those are available, I'll post a link.

Christmas & the weekend:
Christmas morning Gavin and I spent time with Dad and Joey, opening presents and having breakfast (french toast). Then late morning we headed up to Ojai to spend the rest of the weekend with Gavin's family. Christmas day itself was a little overwhelming for me, since I met new people: namely, Gavin's older sister Gretchen and Gretchen's partner Louise. Then the next day I met Gavin's cousin and his family visiting from the DC area. So the weekend was filled with a lot of getting to know you talk, which can be exhausting for me. However, doing it in Ojai is nice--it is just so lovely up there. We went for a lot of walks and, one day, when we were walking around the town (showing it to the DC people), we went to this one health food store and spotted Jake Gyllenhaal (who is very handsome in person). Apparently Reese Witherspoon was also in the store and maybe even Robert Downey Jr., but I didn't see those two (although this article supports that claim!). However, at the Sunday farmer's market, I did see Jake and Reese together, but this time they were sort of all bundled up. Even still, Reese Witherspoon is t-i-n-y. This weekend we also drove up to Santa Barbara and enjoyed a hike through this wild Monarch butterfly preserve, which was nice, and then had lunch in the fancier downtown bit, where it was crazy busy with shoppers. To Gavin's delight, we also played Rock Band for hours on end.

This morning I woke up and promptly cleaned the bathroom, all except the shower. So, I feel good about that, but now otherwise smell like bleach and have scratchy skin. My plan for today is to do some freelance work and then to hopefully clean more of the house, focusing on my room and the living room. The kitchen needs a lot of work, but that'll have to be saved for another day. I'd just like to start 2009 with the feeling that I am master of the house, and not that the house is master of me...know what I mean?

- Jenny, 12/29/2008 08:39:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com