The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, October 13, 2008

Well, I have successfully squandered the entire evening. I intended on using this evening because I have a lot I need to get done before I fly out on Wednesday morning, but instead I did not do anything of that sort. So, I think I'll post a quick blog and then get myself to bed, since I'm feeling a bit tired (my body must be preparing itself for the east coast--I've been feeling tired for at least an hour now and it's only 9:45 p.m.).

Anyway, some thoughts:

- This weekend, among other things, I went to a baptism after-party. At this party there were a couple of hand-held cameras being carried around by a couple different people, each asking me what I wanted to say to the baby once she grows up and watches the video. I had a similar experience earlier this year at a wedding. Now I don't know about you, but I absolutely hate this. I never know what to say and I feel that whenever the camera comes by that I have food in my mouth. So if I go to your event and you have something similar--please don't be offended if I don't say anything.

- Still haven't found The Friendly Persuasion.

- Part of me has been thinking that even though things are really bad in the economy right now that I should consider buying some stock because I have a small amount of money that I could use to do it, if I wanted. But then the other part of me realizes that I a.) don't know what I'm doing, b.) wouldn't have the patience to monitor it, and c.) wouldn't know how to buy and sell stock even if I went through with it.

- I discovered tonight that Dwight from the Office has a blog. I have bookmarked the feed.

- Wednesday in the early AM I board a plane to go back to NJ for the Family Promise conference. I am excited, but you'd hardly know that I leave in a day. Tomorrow I will have to do some serious thinking about what I want to pack and stuff. A brief study of the weather tells me it might be equivalent to here (or a little warmer) and that it also might rain for a couple of the days. I hope I will see some good fall colors.

- The weather has turned cool here. Not cold, but cool, definitely. It has been lovely, especially, in the mornings and the evenings, with a cold breeze. Anyhow, because I get cold easily, I broke out this jacket I bought a year or two ago at LL Bean. I'd post a picture of the jacket, but I don't seem to have any handy and it seemingly is not for sale anymore. It's kind of like a soft-shell jacket (insides are a very nice fleece) and it is both dark grey and this avocado-ish green. I think I'll bring it with me to NJ, so perhaps I'll take a picture of it on so you all can see (or maybe I'll have Gavin put a picture up). Anyway, when I first bought it, I fell in love with it. Partly because I liked the fit (although it sticks a little bit too far up in the neck for my taste) and I also loved the green. I thought it might be a good jacket to have to keep the wind out. I ended up being wrong about that...it's not very effective at blocking wind...nor was it very effective at keeping me warm in NJ. In the end, I never wore it much. However, I took it home to CA with me and this weekend was the first time I gave it a try since then. It turns out that it's very effective at keeping me warm in CA! The only thing is that the jacket gets a lot of comments, and I'm not quite sure why. I think people aren't used to the look...maybe it's an east coast style? Or maybe the green is too green for some people? Not sure. All I know is that I like it.

- Jenny, 10/13/2008 09:34:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com