The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, September 04, 2008

Well, it's my 30th birthday and, so far, it's been a good one. I could have used a little more sleep, but after I showered I felt mostly OK with the world. My day was made happier when I received not one, but three phone calls from Gavin this morning (while I was on the train, so they were all messages) singing Happy Birthday, once by himself, once with his mom and once with Kendra. This made my day because yesterday at lunch Gavin tried to tell me that it was my responsibility to call him on my birthday...at least, to call him to remind him to call me. I was not exactly pleased with that response and I figured he was joking, but he was just so persistent about it. In the end, I actually did call late last night and leave a message for him at work, pretending to be his secretary Connie: "Mr. Greene, this is Connie. Your girlfriend called to let me know that she will be very mad if you don't call her for her birthday. So I am reminding you to call her."

Last night I was looking at some pictures Gavin took of me at his parents' house. It occurred to me why people who are not as familiar with me always claim that I look different every single time they see me. Although *I* think I always look the same, it turns out that I do wear my hair a number of different ways and even though it looks the same to me (aka: boring), it could be conceived as being quite different.

Speaking of last night, I hardly got anything accomplished. In the transition from working upstairs full-time to downstairs three days a week, I have been given the option to work at home, and I think I've decided to take them up on that. It'll be nice to be able to multi-task at home. And, while I'm thinking about it, the best thing about last night was that I had left with my dad to go and pick up my things from Michael & Karen's (I was briefly housesitting because Karen went into labor early and had her baby on Tuesday) and, upon returning, found that Joey and Carrie cleaned not only the kitchen but also the living room. That might possibly have been the best birthday present ever--that house was a mess.

Well, on to work. I think after work, but before my meeting, I will get my nails done. Hmm...what color should I get this time?

- Jenny, 9/04/2008 08:15:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com