The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, September 12, 2008

[Sigh] A late posting today. The reason why is that this morning I got up and worked promptly on the baby products website. There is a big overhaul that needs to happen on that site and I am very behind on it partly because I've been busy and partly because I am overwhelmed with doing it. However, this past weekend I worked on the new navigation and today I began implementing it. There's still at least a few hours of work I have to do on the site, but I'm at least pleased that the new navigation is up AND that I was able to get the PayPal view cart button to work (finally!).

Then I launched into a deep cleaning of the shower. Cleaning the shower is my absolute least favorite household chore to do (I think). For sure it's on the top 5. So I scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed with super-human vigor and eventually felt that it could qualify as "clean." Then I cleaned the rest of the bathroom, which is quite easy, then the hallway and have made it mostly through the living room. In between all of this, I have been answering my phone, admiring some new paintings I've done (I'll post pictures soon-ish), making myself a delicious lunch (I've been making some good sandwiches lately...if you're in the Burbank area and want a good lunch, stop by), going through the mail, etc. Really, the theme of today is: working on things I don't really want to work on today (but that have to get done).

This burst of cleaning is because two internet friends of mine, Simon and Justin are headed from Scotland to the west coast of the US for a vacation and they will be staying here tomorrow night and next Wednesday. Neither have been to the west coast, so I've been busy trying to come up with good ideas to take them around the LA area next Wednesday. If anyone has any good ideas of what they should be sure to do while they're here, please let me know. Part of the difficulty I have in living somewhere is that I forget the pizzaz of that place--what there is that's unique or exciting or captures the flavor of it. So, if you have any ideas, give them to me as there is a huge chance that I have not been thinking along those lines at all.

I have a few more hours before Gavin will come over (he and I will be going out with others to help celebrate Colander's birthday tonight) and SO much more stuff to do, including putting together a snappy cover letter for an Associate Pastor position at a church that I would really, really like to work at. I was given the job description yesterday evening and I don't want to put it aside and be too late, know what I mean?

- Jenny, 9/12/2008 02:12:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com