The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Last night I played tennis with COlander. Although I was horrible at playing (even more-so than usual--apparently taking a week off was not helpful for my game), it was just great to be outside last night. The weather was glorious.

Also, on my way home from work, I noticed that they had closed a section of the street next to the bike path for an outdoor gathering. I drove home, parked my car, and walked over to see what the to-do was. I discovered that it was Burbank's National Night Out (Carrie, where were you??). There were all sorts of booths (camera phone pictures here), including a booth that had boa constrictors you could touch. They also had a booth that had several TVs where you could join in for a Rock Band session. They even brought out the mounted police. Who knew Burbank had mounted police? It was pretty cool. The best part was that they were giving out free reusable shopping bags.

This blog post is a photo-sharing extravaganza! Gavin requested all of the photos Jessie took of him and I downtown, to which Jessie was extremely gracious in sending a CD. He sorted through the raw files and edited them and posted the pictures (the ones she didn't post on her blog) on his Picasa page. You can view them here.

Yesterday I had lunch with the Crippler's mom, which was nice. Today is Wednesday, which means the Farmer's Market. Last week I decided to try out the Peruvian stand and found that my sandwich was mediocre. Today I think I'm going to go with a tried and true. Either the empanadas or the bacon-wrapped hot dog with the onion, bell pepper and pineapple mixture on top. Yum.

- Jenny, 8/06/2008 08:24:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com