The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I'd recap the weekend, but I really didn't do much.

I don't know how I've lived my whole life up to this point without baby arugula. I discovered this type of lettuce about a month or so ago at the farmer's market in Burbank and really and truly have a difficult time going back to regular lettuce. It's just so delicious. My main problem right now is that if I buy it from the farmer's market, it seems a little cheaper and more delicious, but it also seems like manna, in that it spoils after a day. I think my problem is that I'm not sure how to store it properly. Since I did not make it to the farmer's market this past Saturday (since I saw Tropic Thunder, which I did not particularly care for but Gavin thought it was excellent), I bought the more expensive container of baby arugula from the store. This arugula is good, just not as flavorful as the stuff I can get at the farmer's market. However, it keeps really well.

Last night for dinner, all I wanted was a simple sandwich on squaw bread (with some whole grain mustard) and a side of arugula salad, but I could not find squaw bread at the store ANYWHERE. I settled upon this serious wheat bread (Oroweat Winter Wheat) that is dense and has lots of nuts and stuff embedded in it. I think I like this bread, but I'm not exactly sure. Let's just say that I'll eat the loaf over time, but I don't know if I'd buy this product again.

For the record, I just cannot wait for it to be fall. I mean, it hasn't been that warm lately, but I just love the fall.

- Jenny, 8/19/2008 08:27:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com