The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, August 05, 2008

I just couldn't get my act together yesterday morning. Monday mornings are always rough, but Mondays after having been away for the weekend are even rougher.

A recap of the weekend:

Friday I went to see the Batman movie with Gavin. Gavin loved it. He was gushing the whole weekend about the movie. I thought it was good, but too scary and too long. I realize mine might not be a popular opinion.

Saturday morning we drove up to Ojai to spend the weekend with Gavin's family. I like going up there because it feels very peaceful. And because the Greenes are nice people and treat me very well. The difference with this weekend, however, was that they invited my dad, brother and Carrie to come up on Saturday to meet and have dinner. I was a little anxious about how that would go over, but it ended up being fine and I think everyone had a good time.

When we came home Sunday I was in a bit of a sad mood that was a combination of things, so Gavin and I made dinner together and also made a blueberry & blackberry pie and watched a couple episodes of the Flight of the Conchords. Speaking of which, my dad was watching the Flight of the Conchords last night and so now I have this song in my mind.

I was talking with coworker Natasha this morning and both of us feel like it should be Thursday. Who else is with me?

Oh, and the big news is that my contract at work has been extended another four weeks. I was kinda looking forward to the time off while I looked for another job, but I suppose I can wait for that to come. At least I'll be employed on my 30th birthday. That's gotta mean something, right?

- Jenny, 8/05/2008 08:13:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com