The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, July 14, 2008

This is already my fifth week at work. The time has gone by quickly, no?

Last night after our softball victory, we had a family dinner. It was good and I enjoyed it, but when I was walking with Gavin on the bike path after dinner, I was remarking how ill and uncomfortable I felt. When we got home I took three or so tablets to help settle my stomach and within 5 minutes threw up those tablets and pretty much only those tablets. Kinda weird. Like maybe my body was saying, "No, I'm afraid these are not good enough to help you feel better. You're just going to have to stick this one out on your own." Which I did, so falling asleep was uncomfortable. Fortunately, I feel mostly fine this morning.

Tomorrow will be my last day housesitting. Thankfully. I'm looking forward to being able to return to my normal mode of living. But get this--I ran into the son of the people I'm housesitting for. We were talking and I told him that his parents were soon to return and he said that he was excited for their return because he misses them AND that he's not looking forward to this trip they have planned in October. They will be on a cruise (that's their thing--cruises), sailing from Australia to Los Angeles. A total of 31 days at sea. I can't even imagine. I don't really know what you'd do for that long on that massive stretch of ocean.

Just out of curiosity, if you ran across a page like this: http://123sayyes.com/ or like this http://freefonetones.com/, what type of page would you call it? Would you be likely to use it?

Saturday night I went to the Dodger game with my Monday night softball team. I love going to baseball games, but what was even more fun about this past Saturday's game was that it was also fireworks night. So we were allowed to go down onto the field and watch the fireworks and it was really neat. That's my second time going on the field (the first was probably about 5 or 6 years before, also for a fireworks night) and it's really cool because you get to touch the grass (which is amazing--it's so short and soft) and see the stadium from the players' perspective. I highly recommend going to see a Dodger game on a fireworks night. If you are able to look at pictures on Facebook, here are Carrie's pics!

- Jenny, 7/14/2008 08:24:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com