The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, July 18, 2008

I'll tell you what chaps my hide. For the past couple weeks this Padilla's Company has taken to parking large dirt trucks in the very place where I park to take the subway. The thing is that there is a parking lot at the subway stop, but it's nowhere near the capacity that it needs to be. By 7 a.m. it's totally full. Considering that I get to the subway at 7 a.m., I need to park on the street. I traditionally park one and a half longish blocks away from the subway stop. There are parking meters on that first block and none on the block I park on. But now every morning that I arrive at the subway station, this Padilla's Company has decided to park their huge construction trucks on both blocks and on some days they even park their trucks in the middle of the street. It really chaps my hide. The drivers are all standing outside of their trucks, so it's like they're either on a break or awaiting to be dispatched somewhere. But my question is why do they have to do that there? Why not at the facility where they park their vehicles?! It really does chap my hide and puts me out every morning.

Here's an interesting article: Heavy Metal Monk in Second Album. And I quote, "At first glance, Cesare Bonizzi looks like the archetypal Capuchin monk - round-faced, stout, with twinkling eyes and a long flowing white beard. But beneath his robes beats a heart of metal."

Tonight I'll go to dinner with Gavin and his friend Jeff from college. I'm a little bit nervous because I've never met Jeff before...only heard about him. Saturday Gavin goes away on vacation for a week to Oregon. Joey, Carrie and I will go and celebrate Carrie's birthday by going to a train show. For the longest time last night I thought I heard that incorrectly, but I guess I did not.

- Jenny, 7/18/2008 08:33:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com