The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I think this might be the longest week ever. How is it only Wednesday at 8 a.m.?

I've been suspecting this for about a week, but just found out yesterday that I won't end up being asked to be full-time at my job. (Sorry, Terrence, that you won't get your referral bonus.) The thing is that it's not my performance but the fact that the girl who generates work for me has taken another job and her last day here is Friday. They'll see through my contract, but can't take me on full-time because they don't know what to do with me, how to generate enough work for me. There's a slight possibility that I might be hired downstairs in Marketing, but I'm not really counting on that working out.

The thing is that I'm not all that disappointed. I mean, I'm disappointed that I have to look for another job (again) and I'm disappointed because I enjoy working downtown, taking the Metro and being able to have lunch with Gavin, but I am really not interested or challenged by the work that I'm doing at this company. If they move me downstairs it might be better because my area of design might be broader, but who knows.

In other news, Gavin is still in Oregon. Of all weeks for him to have gone, this was not a particularly good one. Thankfully, he's reachable by phone, so that has been helpful.

That's about all I have to say for right now.

- Jenny, 7/23/2008 08:15:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com