The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yesterday when I was leaving work my co-worker said to me, "you need to play more ping pong." This, of course, means that I need to not work as fast. Last week when I arrived she gave me four posters to work on and about 9 website designs. And now I'm done with all of it, except some revisions on three of the designs I've already turned in. Anyway, since no one asks me to play ping pong here (we also have pool, foosball, Wii and probably other stuff that I'm not aware of), I thought that I'd take a little time this morning to blog.

The reason why I haven't been posting lately is because I've been run ragged with things to do. Last Friday after work I did an on-call shift for the hospital. So I stayed home and Gavin and I made dinner and watched TV, I think. All was well until 2:00 a.m. when I received a page to come into the hospital. A 4-month old baby was going through cardiac arrest. I arrived at the hospital by 2:30-ish and then was there until 4:30 a.m. and didn't get home until 5 a.m.-ish. Thankfully, I was able to return to sleep. What did me in, however, was that I received another page (a non-urgent one...argh) at 8:15 a.m. and I couldn't fall back asleep, so I was tired all day Saturday.

And Saturday wasn't a good day to be tired all day. I had much interaction, all culminating in an evening wedding. The reception didn't start until 6:30 p.m. and finally Gavin and I ended up leaving the wedding (without getting cake) at 10:00 p.m. By the time I got home I realized that I never even practiced my sermon for Sunday morning, so I spent some time doing that, which means that I didn't actually go to bed until 11:15-ish. Which is a bit late if you're waking up at 6:00 a.m. in order to get ready and be at the church on time for the first service.

So, I preached at the Presbyterian Church in Newhall on Sunday for both services. It went well. If you want to listen to my sermon, you can go here. I have not listened to it yet, but I am hoping for the both of us that they put up the recording from the second service because my words were much more polished for that one. Next week I'll be preaching the same sermon (I just don't have enough time to do another one) for a church in Quartz Hill.

Needless to say, I was exhausted after the weekend thus far and from having preached twice on Sunday morning and I ended up getting into an argument with Gavin. Luckily when we arrived back at my house, I had some time to rest and get about a half-hour nap in before having to play softball in 100-degree weather. I thought about not going, but then felt bad about it because I had missed two games before and am also the team manager. After softball we had dinner, and then Joey, Carrie, Gavin and I watched the cartoon movie about the French mouse, which they had all seen before but I had not. Unfortunately, I lost steam and ended up falling asleep through about half of it, I would guess.

My tiredness did not cease when I had to wake up super early on Monday morning to be back here at work. And all day long I was thinking to myself, "I have to be up until at least 10:30 p.m. tonight, since my softball game was a 9:00 p.m. one.

But last night was easier and today I feel mostly refreshed and awake, which is good (especially considering that this coming weekend also might be similar in scope of the opportunity to be tired). And today (Wednesday) is my favorite day at work because on Wednesdays they have a farmer's market across the street at lunchtime. I love it! What will I get today??? The empanadas from last week were delish!

- Jenny, 6/25/2008 08:25:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com