The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Day 5: IncompleteYou can read more about it if you click on the picture, but I randomly found this website today that purports April 8th as National Draw A Bird Day. I sincerely doubt that there has ever or will ever be such a thing, but since I needed something else to paint (other than the hula girl) today, I figured I certainly could draw a bird. The coincidence of this paired with the recent post about James Audubon killing the birds he drew is a bit too creepy for me. Rest assured, I did not kill this bird...I simply googled for its likeness. The picture is blurred and yellowed from the low-light conditions that I attempted to paint in. Despite all of this, I think I really like the color of the bird's plumage that is shaping up. Tomorrow morning I'll put on the finishing touches of detail and call it a wrap with this one, I think.

And now that I've talked enough about that, I pose a query to you, dear readers: How many of you bank online?

I guess I should submit some sort of definition. By banking online, I don't mean accessing your accounts via the internet. I mean substantially more than that, namely wherein you post payments for your various all through the internet. Today I mailed out a number of checks to my various creditors. I was talking about this with Gavin tonight and he asked me why i don't bank online. My answer is that I just really like the aspect of writing out checks. I mean, I don't go to the grocery store and buy groceries with checks, but for the majority of my bills I do handwrite a check (although I have & do pay various credit cards and loans online from time to time). Gavin seems to think that you all will make fun of me for writing out checks. He banks online and I know my dad banks online and I'm almost positive my brother banks online, even though I'm not totally sure whether or not my brother has any bills so as to necessitate banking online. My suspicion is that banking online is used more by men. I almost never see men pay by check for anything - usually by cash or credit card. I wonder if there might be social stigma about men writing checks. Yet, I think it's fairly common to see a woman pay by check (it is a personal pet peeve when I see anyone paying for groceries by check...I feel like it holds up the line!), so I would think that women are less inclined to bank online. So...what do you think?

- Jenny, 4/08/2008 11:55:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com