The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, April 03, 2008

Yesterday was disappointing. But I'd rather not go into it.

Day 2: CompleteInstead, I'll post the completed picture of my painting a day in April. Yesterday's subject: tangerines. I love, love, love painting fruit, so this one was fairly enjoyable to paint. I thought I'd make it difficult by peeling one of the tangerines and including both the peel and the fruit. It was difficult (at some point when I was painting I thought to myself, "Why did I do that?!"), but I think it came out pretty good. You can definitely tell that it's the peel and the fruit. I wish I was able to create a little more depth on the front part of the fruit. I also wish I didn't make the shadows as dark as they turned out. I think it detracts from the fruit. Overall, I am much more pleased with Day 2 as compared to Day 1.

Part of the difficulty of doing this day by day is trying to figure out subject matter. Yesterday I was walking around my house trying to find something...the tangerines were a last minute idea. I suppose I could venture outside and paint something there. Or maybe I should continue to do every day objects that are around the house. That's what this guy does, although he seemingly is onto doing a lot of portraits lately.

Well, I've got to run and blow dry my hair in order to meet a friend at her house.

- Jenny, 4/03/2008 09:44:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com