The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Sunday, April 20, 2008

Well, I feel like I've squandered the last two hours and, to be honest, I'm not sure what I was squandering it on. I suppose, however, if you're going to squander time that Sunday is the perfect day to do it, especially if you have an impending week where you "live the dream" (aka have no work).

First off, I'd like to re-mention Kendra's new blog/book: Until It Grows Back. A week or two ago I mentioned that Kendra, Gavin's younger sister, began a new blog wherein she is writing a story. Shortly after she started her blog she left the country for a vacation & wedding (I think to Colombia?) and so the story has been silent, until today, when now she has an elongated Chapter 1, and writes up to Chapter 5.

I discovered this because I have a newfangled way of keeping up with blogs that suits me quite well: RSS feeds. I know, I know, many of you I'm sure will say RSS feeds are not even close to being new, but they're new for me. So I have captured the feeds of all of the blogs I follow (--->, excepting three-ish, whose RSS feeds don't work, for whatever reason, and now I have to remember to check them manually) are now catalogued in my Safari preferences and now every time I open my browser, Safari graciously lets me know who has new posts and how many new posts there are. I don't know if you've noticed or not, but I've been much better at catching (and reading) all of your new posts, although not as good at keeping up with the comments. This new way of reading blogs has been especially good for me because it saves me SO much time. I highly recommend it if you haven't tried it.

In other news, I preach exactly one week from today at KC's church in Little Rock. Not Arkansas, California. I'm nearly finished with my exegesis and hope to start writing the sermon tonight (if I am good which probably is unlikely). I am preaching on Philippians 1:1-18 (I think) and I'm a bit nervous because I've never preached on one of Paul's epistles before. For those who have not read them, the epistles of Paul are letters to various Christian believers in the early days of Christianity and, at least those ascribed to Paul, can be particularly difficult (at least, for me) to read and get a grasp on what is happening. Nevertheless, I am rising to the challenge and hope that I'll be able to deliver a meaningful sermon to those in attendance.

A few hours from now will commence the final game of The Team's first co-ed softball season. Although heretofore we have only won one game, this is the little team that could and the little team that will be continuing on in the summer with even more players. Hopefully we'll end our season with a bang but, regardless, we'll be getting together afterward for some milk and cookies (aka pizza and beer)!

- Jenny, 4/20/2008 02:07:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com