The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So today I found myself a little sad regarding more of the same. I am tired of things being the same and just wish they'd change. I am grateful, however, for good friends who come near me and support me and allow me the space to mention that life does indeed blow chunks from time to time and, sometimes, for longer periods of time than we'd ordinarily want.

In related news, I love the phrase "blow chunks." Sometimes it makes me feel better just by saying it. My guess is because it's so visceral.

Unrelated, today I got a surprise call from a friend from church back in New Jersey (sorta...more like I came to know her through the church community in Summit). She sells these really neat, unique Gospel parallels and just is a very inspiring person. It's cool to see who God brings into our path.

Anyway, today I've also been thinking about how I'd really like to start painting more. I'm considering the challenge of trying to paint a small picture every day. At one point Susan pointed me to this blog where this guy paints a tiny oil painting every day and sold (a majority of) those very small postcard-sized paintings. I can't remember the site now, but the discipline of doing that both frightens and intrigues me. I'll be having a lot more time on my hands in a couple of weeks so maybe I should give it a shot.

Finally (because I don't have much energy left to make this blog actually interesting), an update on the whereabouts of my new Mac. It woke up v-e-r-y early this morning (4:30 a.m.) and went to the bus station in Sacramento. What it was doing in Sacramento and not Cupertino is beyond me...but that is before our relationship, so I will let sleeping dogs lie. Anyway, its journey was long and probably arduous, since it arrived in the City of Industry at 6 p.m. this evening, a 404 mile journey that was longer than half the day. Hopefully the remainder of its journey to arrive safely in my arms will be as swift as Google Maps promises.

- Jenny, 3/18/2008 10:28:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com