The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, January 28, 2008

So no one's necessarily expressed this, but I'm just going to claim it for myself. I really do think I am a good cook. I mean, I can't look in the fridge and magically invent stuff, but I can do really well with following a recipe and putting together a meal. I also feel like most of the stuff I make is either decent or better. So there.

Needless to say, I made dinner tonight. A pasta dish with sausage and onions and peppers. I almost never make pasta because I don't necessarily enjoy eating it (I mean, sometimes it's good) and I never know how much pasta to put into the pot (I always do too little or way too much), but tonight seemed like a good night to make pasta, so I did and it was good. But now I feel really, really full.

Today I also had a conversation with my friend Jenn. Both of us grew up on margarine and both of us, as adults, will never again use margarine having discovered real butter. Why anyone would willingly buy margarine is beyond me. There are certain memories I have of my granny's house when I was growing up. One of them is living in her pool during the summertime. Another of them is tasting a cherry tomato for the first time and having some of the tomato innards squirt out of my mouth (I was not prepared for that). Yet another still is having sourdough toast with butter after every swimming excursion. I just hope my blood pressure stays low and I don't develop congestive heart failure because I just think I might be unwilling to give up butter...and salt.

Well, I best get to bed in order to get in some reading before falling asleep. I have an early morning tomorrow - tennis with the senior citizens.

- Jenny, 1/28/2008 10:43:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com