The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I really cannot wait to go to bed tonight. The prospect of it is really wonderful to me.

Today I had to be at work at 8a, which means that I have to leave my house at 7:30 in order to get there on time. What I usually do is set my alarm for 6, only to set it again once it beeps for 6:30, which is the ideal time for me to get up and get ready for work. Some mornings, however, are just way tougher than they should be so when that happens, I'll reset the alarm and wake up at 6:45 (sometimes I even give myself the gift of 6:50 if I can think of my outfit for the day in those five minutes while I'm sleeping). If you can't tell from all of this, I hate, hate, hate getting out of bed and will put it off as long as possible.

Well, today when I was sleeping, I found myself thinking, "Hmm...I wonder what time it is." Because, honestly, it felt great to be sleeping and I was hoping that I had at least another hour of it. So, I looked at the clock and saw, plain as day, 7:00a. That left me only a half hour to get out of bed, take a shower, figure out what I was wearing, eat breakfast, check my email/blog/myspace/facebook, put on makeup, sit in a chair and stare blankly, gather my stuff together, etc. That is a 45-minute routine, especially at the snail's pace that I approach things with in the morning. Yet somehow I managed to convince myself to get out of bed immediately (miracle) and somehow I managed to get ready (including makeup, excluding some of the expendable stuff like check email) in a half-hour's time. Then I got in the car and drove to work and somehow arrived 5 minutes early. Spectacular! I ended up just having breakfast at the hospital (that's one of the nice things of working somewhere with a cafeteria) and was particularly disappointed that they weren't serving waffles today. I ended up having a hodgepodge of melon fruit, tater tots, bacon and water. Breakfast of champions.

I got my Christmas cards today that I had printed. They look great!

Tomorrow I get my hair cut! I'm so excited! The only thing that could be more exciting would be if I had an appointment at the dentist to get my teeth cleaned. I absolutely love that and don't understand how others don't understand me.

Finally, I am in the midst of reading The Prestige and I am really, really enjoying it. It's fairly different from the movie (which I really enjoyed) and so I'm intrigued to see how it's going to end. I only have about 120 pages left, so...maybe hopefully I'll be done with it next week.

Um, I just now read about this and I am really getting tired and frustrated with these teenage boys who a.) don't know how to resolve anything and b.) manage to get their hands on guns and ammo. I just want it to stop.

- Jenny, 12/05/2007 10:16:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com