The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, November 15, 2007

Wow, I am tired. I played tennis tonight (the second time this week) and even though it's only 10:45-ish, I am beat. That's because my opposition, Colander, has this mentality of not showing me any mercy whatsoever. My feminist side thinks that's great and respectable...my oppressed side wonders why he can't just give me a little break. I was elated in the third set to be up by two games and then he just came in and swept me. One day...one day I vow to at least win three games. Winning a whole set may be asking for a bit much because he's really much, much better than me and I just lose my mental focus, which has always been my downfall. So frustrating, but also fun. At least tonight I didn't swear off tennis, saying I'd never play again in my life (like I did on Tuesday night when I played him).

The hospital was fairly unremarkable today. Was it just me, or was this morning set to slow-motion? I think that each minute must have lasted to be about five minutes. Someone must have sped up the time for the afternoon because it didn't feel as slow, although it did feel slower than the normal rate. I suppose, however, with my life whizzing by me, I should learn to love these slow days.

Today I managed to finish (finally) The Russian Debutante's Handbook. As I say on Goodreads, the fact that I finished the book attests not to its quality but my determination not to leave anything unfinished. I really am not sure what the book is about. And I find it amazing that SO many people rated the book highly. Tomorrow, if I am disciplined in listening to the remaining minutes of it, I will also finish Barbara Kingsolver's Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Since I read so many books at one time, it often takes me awhile to finish them, so I feel this is a monumental occurrence!

- Jenny, 11/15/2007 10:52:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com