The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Today for lunch I made myself the most delicious chicken salad recipe EVER. I got the recipe from Jenn, who got the recipe from her friend who made the lunch for Jenn's baby shower. To be honest, I somewhat dislike chicken salad mainly because I greatly dislike mayonnaise. And, actually, when I was served this chicken salad on a croissant at the baby shower, I thought to myself, "Suck it up - just eat it." I thought it was tuna, but then I figured out it wasn't tuna and, once I gave it a chance, I realized how absolutely delicious it is.

So I was surprised when I got the recipe from Jenn that the proverbial glue that holds the chicken salad (consisting of shredded chicken breast, grapes, apples, almond slices and celery) together is not mayonnaise at all - it's a mixture of sour cream, cream cheese, pineapple juice and salt. Amazing. Lunch today was delicious, as will dinner tonight, as will lunch tomorrow and, perhaps, dinner tomorrow. Obviously I have left-overs and I don't think Joey or dad will touch the stuff.

Otherwise, today I've been trying to be productive with mild results. I have about a bazillion emails to respond to, all people wanting my intellectual property (aka they have asked me a question and I need to respond). Plus, I have to organize an event coming up for the youth group and apply for jobs and all that jazz. Actually, yesterday I saw a posting for this woman who wants someone to design a website for her baby products business, so I emailed her my resume and a couple of sites I've done and now I have an appointment to meet with her on Sunday afternoon to discuss her site(s) that she wants developed. I'm interested to see where this will lead.

My friend Terrence, who is perhaps is most opposite to me, has a new project. He is going to take $20,000 of his own money and try to double it in 400 days by using any means necessary, so long as it's ethical. If you're interested in following his progress, you can check it out on his new blog, doublejourney.com.

Um, I really have nothing more to say and should apply myself to continuing to work on the things I have before me! Hopefully more exciting stuff tomorrow!

- Jenny, 11/14/2007 04:04:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com