The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm a bit tired after a long day at work followed almost immediately by a rousing match of tennis. I'm proud to report that I managed to win 3 games to Colander's 18--> 6-2, 6-0, 6-1. Thank goodness he claims that he needs the exercise - otherwise, I'm not quite sure why he even bothers to play a lousy athlete such as myself.

So my hair dresser is MIA. I tried calling yesterday and found no answer. That's ok, I thought. Monday's probably just her day off. I tried calling twice today and found no answer. I left a message on the machine but I know there's a very slim chance of her actually calling me back. Ideally, I'd like to get my hair cut sometime next week, but I'm not sure whether I'll be able. What if she's upped and gone to France on vacation? She tends to do this from time to time and it's not always noted on the message machine. I'll see if I can reach her tomorrow...otherwise, I'm going to have to figure out where another safe place for me to go will be.

Today I had a weird experience at the hospital. I went outside to take a phone call and I ended up getting paged to a trauma. So, I told Heather I'd call her back and headed in the hospital to attend to the trauma. When I walk into the ER corridor, I notice a couple of paramedics standing to the side, talking to each other. I also noticed that one of them looked at me. Not just a look, but a weird look...one that if you catch people making it, it makes you look twice. So I looked again and thought to myself (simultaneously): a.) huh, he's really cute, and b.) oh my God - I went to high school with that guy. Then I immediately rescinded thought A because this guy was never nice to me and so that automatically makes him very unattractive. Anyway, this all happened in a second or two and I believe I might have given him a nasty look because often if I'm thinking quickly and not purposefully, I'll tell you exactly what I'm thinking in my facial features.

Tomorrow my friend Nicole from Princeton comes into town. I'll be picking her up tomorrow night after work and then we'll spend the evening in Santa Monica for dinner and festivities on Third Street Promenade and the pier. Fun times.

How is it that I got absolutely nothing I wanted to get done tonight????

- Jenny, 11/27/2007 10:49:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com