The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, October 02, 2007

This morning I played tennis with the senior citizens. I'm at least 30 years younger than each of them. Most of them know my grandpa and he's 90, so that would be 60 years difference. And yet - and yet - you'd wonder sometimes who was the more mature one. There were so many squabbles today on the court. The biggest squabble was that there were five of us so figuring out how to rotate might as well have been such an ordeal that we might have needed to get the United Nations involved. Then there were issues of what was considered in and what was considered out, and who should serve on which side and how many games we should each play, etc. It was a mess. Meanwhile, I just tried to be conciliatory amidst the fighting. I was, in fact, just happy to be out on the courts playing tennis, which did not seem to be the goal of the others who were playing today.

Tonight I folded the clothes that I washed this past Sunday. Folding is one of my least favorite things to do, so sometimes it takes days to convince myself to do it. Anyway, I mention this because I want to let you know that my clothes seemed perfectly clean (look & smell), even though I used the HE laundry detergent with a top-loading washer. The only thing is that I wish I would have remembered to put bleach in my whites, because they looked like they could use some brightening.

I am wholly unsatisfied when it comes to razors. I shave my legs frequently (like every other day) and I have just had it with the razors I've tried and feel like I'm at a crossroads, where I don't know what to do or where to go. I don't want to go disposable because I really feel like I need to be more environmentally conscious and add as minimal waste to the landfills as I can. Yet I find the standard options of women's longer-term razors to be lacking. I don't like the Gillette Venus because I feel like it's fairly expensive and just very mediocre. I don't like the Schick Quattro because, although I think the razor part is good, the thing that holds the razors to the stick/handle falls off every time I shave. It is quite annoying. I won't get the Bic women's razor because Bic makes horrible razors. I cannot recall the name of the other one, but it is huge. Aha! It's called the Intuition. I don't think it'd even fit in my hand.

So I don't know what to do. Right now I have the Quattro, but I know I need to move on. There is a men's razor in the shower that I tried out the other day - the Gillette Fusion, but I think it's fairly new, so it may be that I like it just because all new razors are great. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. I'm curious about that Nair stuff but, to be honest, I just don't think I could apply it and then wait six minutes. I need more immediate results.

Anyway, I, for one, am really excited about the weekend. So excited that it's only Tuesday and I'm already imagining how great it will be. Here's what I will be doing. Friday morning I will get in the car and drive down to San Diego. I'd like to arrive around 11-ish, but I think that will be nearly impossible with traffic if I leave at 9...and I most certainly wouldn't want to leave earlier than 9 because then it'll be traffic all the way down. I'll go to Aunt Sally's and then we'll pick up the little girls from school, then we might go to the orchid festival at the botanical gardens down their street. Then Saturday I will wake up and go to Mike & Kelly's wedding at the brewery. Then I will probably have dinner with my aunt again and then head up back to LA on Saturday night. THEN, on Sunday I will head over to Matt Denny's in the afternoon for some Oktoberfest action, complete with oompah band. Fun will be had by all.

I just have to make it through tomorrow's hospital shift, then I will be a free woman. Tomorrow night I'll be going to a comedy show with Chris & Tyler. Then Thursday I have open, which I will be diligent in both applying for jobs and getting a wedding present for my friends.

- Jenny, 10/02/2007 09:11:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com