The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, October 23, 2007

I think this will be a short post because I'm tired...went to bed late again last night, which made it difficult to get through today. I took a nap tonight and yesterday night, which is quite unusual for me.

The smoke is getting worse. Today I went outside for lunch at around 1-ish and the lighting was comparable to sunset. It was beautiful (the lighting at sunset is always beautiful), but weird. But it felt nice to be outside, since the hospital air gets to me sometimes. And, despite them being quite destructive, I have always enjoyed the Santa Ana winds. I remember when I was a little girl I'd always look forward to seeing what they blew into the yard, which would inevitably be trash cans from like four doors down. Anyway, by the time I left the hospital at 4:30, the sun was a bright red orb, there was a thick layer of dark grey smoke overhead, and the air was heavy with the scent of the fire(s). So it does not appear to be getting better. Additionally, today I have started sneezing a storm...is it the polluted air, allergies, or am I getting a cold? We shall see!

This morning I actually freaked out just a little because the first thing I heard when I turned on the news was that Rancho Santa Fe, the town next to my aunt's, burned down throughout the night. So I have been checking in with Danny to see how it was going. He thinks that her house is probably ok, but it's a bit tenuous because he also suspects the fire department was using her cross-street as a fire break.

Tomorrow I have off of work and I'm looking forward to that. Tomorrow night I also am teaching a Bible study tomorrow night on the beginning of Mark 15, which has to do with Jesus being tried by Pilate. Here's a weird, little tidbit: Pontius Pilate and his wife are considered saints in the Coptic tradition.

- Jenny, 10/23/2007 08:58:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com