The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, August 08, 2007

The best thing about last night was that I aced my dad twice. I was the fourth in his tennis match and last night I was pleased to see that my serve came back and that I was hitting good forehands. However due to my erratic return to tennis, I couldn't hit a backhand or return serve for the life of me, which was really frustrating. Although I got a bit mad at myself for my playing abilities, it was fun playing with my dad and his friends because they're much better than me and one always improves when one plays someone more advanced. Plus we went to Gordon Biersch afterwards and my beer was delicious. I have traditionally stuck my nose up at Gordon Biersch, but last night may have changed my tune...

So lately I've been really missing watching LOST. It doesn't come on until February again. I was thinking that maybe in the coming weeks I should get the DVDs and just start watching the show again from the start.

Now that I'm not teaching, I've been catching up on graphic design that I have been putting off. One of the things I've been working on is this DVD cover for a postpartum depression video. I've got most of it finished, except for the cover. The cover image is proving difficult because the still shots from the video the woman sent me are not good quality and cropped in such a way as to make it difficult to make an image montage. Because it's something that is difficult and frustrating, I find myself putting it off, as I normally do when things like this occur. Sometimes I like to think that maybe I'm putting it off because my brain just needs to think about it for awhile and solve it without really working on it, but maybe that's just an idealized notion to prevent me from admitting that I'm lazy. Either way, I hope to finish the cover this week so that I can continue on the other design stuff I have going on.

Well, my life of leisure today takes me to Amy's house for lunch. I'm in charge of bringing a salad, so I've got to go to the store and get some items.

- Jenny, 8/08/2007 09:34:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com