The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, July 17, 2007

So this morning I played tennis with the senior citizens. It was fun to get out on the court, but I was a little bit apprehensive about hitting the ball too hard or making the senior citizens run too much. I'm still a little rusty, but slowly getting everything back together with my strokes and grips. My serve is better, although still a long way away from being back to as good as it was. The worst thing is that my second serve of my first game today I accidentally hit my friend Jane in the back of her head. It was almost like a movie. Thank goodness I wasn't hitting too hard, otherwise my serve totally could have injured her if I were at the top of my serving game. She didn't seem too frazzled by it, but I did notice that she crouched down and stood in the doubles lane...

So my appointment in Ventura went well and I was reminded how nice it is in Ventura. Sunny, breezy, clear, comfortable temperature...basically, the life. After the appointment I drove over to the beach and marina (mere minutes away) and realized that I wasn't exactly dressed for a walk on the beach because I was dressed for my appointment, so I settled for walking around the marina and looking at the beach from the sidewalk. It's ok, though, because the beach had the slightest smell of urine, so it was a little bit of a turn-off (but only slightly).

Tonight as I was thinking about what I'd do in class tomorrow and Thursday, it struck me that I could show a foreign movie and discuss values that various cultures have, as portrayed in the movie. So I went to the video store and rented a few DVDs. But for sure the highlight for me tomorrow will be going to the Dodger game.

And now here I am, watching Father Ted with my brother, Carrie and Nathaniel. I think a board game is in order, but I'm starting to feel sleepy and I have to be up early tomorrow, so...

- Jenny, 7/17/2007 06:47:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com