The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The good news is that I'm not seriously retarded. Ever since I got my iPod this past May, I have never been able to upload more than 1GB of songs. This has been particularly troublesome because I have 4GB storage. So, I've been wondering how is it that I have my Masters degree, can translate not one but two dead languages into English, have used a Mac since I was 12 and yet am unable to drag songs onto my iPod. I took it into the Apple store today and the "genius" told me that there's something wrong with the hard drive or whatever. So I get to mail it back to HQ and get new guts put in it. Fairly awesome.

This whole figuring out what I'm doing with my life gets really frustrating sometimes (maybe I should say most-times), both when I get good news and when I get bad news. It's all very depressing.

According to this website, slurpees are free today until 11 p.m.

Today I went to the DMV without an appointment to renew my driver's license and I was in and out in less than 45 minutes. I cannot tell you how surprised I was with it all.

I've planned about 1/3 of my two-week web design class. I guess I didn't really realize how difficult it is to sort of imagine how to teach something from scratch. But my current plan is to teach them how to paint and take pictures during the first week (because it can be about all types of art) and then the second week teach them how to make their own website to display their creations. I also think I'm going to take them on a field trip to the Hammer Museum and show them a couple of short documentaries about photography and drawing.

Part of me just wants to bite the bullet and get a new 818 cell phone number now, without waiting to see where I end up. But that's just the part of me that feels like spending money just to have some iota of control in my life. So I will resist.

- Jenny, 7/11/2007 04:25:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com