|The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Sunday, June 10, 2007
- While I was driving to the Crippler's birthday party yesterday, I was talking to Tracey. I was lost and she asked me where I was and I said, "I'm on Ventura Blvd., but I can't find the restaurant." And she said, "Jenny. THE Ventura Blvd.?!" And I said, "Yeah." To which she responded, "No, I mean the one in the Sheryl Crow song. That Ventura Blvd.?" So I said, "Yeah, yeah...Sheryl Crow, Tom Petty. That Ventura Blvd." Then she said, "Jenny. That is AWESOME.
- I have really enjoyed looking at a picture Justin took of a guy mowing his roof.
- So far, 10 minutes in, John from Cincinnati is boring.
- I was called in today, Sunday morning to go to both hospitals and I had to choose between them. This was about 8:15 a.m. and it was the last thing I wanted to do. I was so upset I got paged. Being at the hospital until 2 a.m. on Friday for two separate gang shooting deaths, however, was no problem. Yet another sign that I am not a morning person.
- I may have inadvertantly set a pan on fire whilst trying to make some pasta. I've never really set anything ablaze that wasn't supposed to be, but here it was, a pan with large, orange flames about 6-12 inches tall. Probably because I didn't put stuff into the pan soon enough after I had turned on the burner to warm up the oil. Fluke. I didn't really freak out, but I also wasn't quite sure what to do but felt like I needed to think quickly. I couldn't find the baking soda because our cupboard is a mess and it didn't seem like I had a lot of time to find it. So I grabbed a cookie sheet and put it over the pan and stopped the fire via cutting of the oxygen. No harm, no foul. But I did immediately go out and buy another pan because I had already cut up the stuff and no other of our pans would suffice. The good news is that the new pan is WAY nice! A pleasure to cook in, even!
- So far, 30 minutes in, John from Cincinnati is bad.
- Jenny, 6/10/2007 09:06:00 PM