The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, June 19, 2007

The Sliders lost last night. Perhaps my theory is true, and I am bad luck for the team. Truth be told, we all played poorly last night. Except for Bill, who is consistently good. I was kinda down about it last night (and when I say it, I don't mean losing, but me playing poorly), but this morning I realized that it's just a game. I play on the team because I enjoy softball, not because I enjoy winning (clearly).

So my three hours at the hospital yesterday was rough. I got there and they were having about a bazillion traumas, which I had to jump in and help. But because they received like 3 traumas and a Code AMI (kinda like a Code Blue...it's a heart attack), the nurses were all crabby and mean. Then I went and did some rounds in the ICU, which is my temporary unit, and that was ok. I noticed on my census sheet (a census sheet is a sheet that gives me a macro picture of my patients - includes name, age, ailment, etc.) that there's a field that shows how much money a person owes as a result of the hospital stay. Well, I was looking at it yesterday and I saw that there's one lady who owes over $2,000,000 as a result of having been hospitalized since January. I just cannot even comprehend how someone could even begin to pay back an amount like that. I just really hope that woman has good insurance.

Well, I gotta get ready for work.

- Jenny, 6/19/2007 10:27:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com