The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, June 05, 2007

My softball game last night was very fun and it was great to be back on the team and even greater that people remembered me from last summer. I operate under the assumption that people forget who I am, so it's always meaningful to me when people remember me.

Anyway, so I play on the Insomniac Sliders and last night we played the Disney Pirates. Last summer we were in the H league. The leagues go in order from A-I, A being the top playing teams. So, you can imagine that our team wasn't that great, especially in that we were in the bottom of the H league. But it's a fun time, so our standing doesn't really bother me. Well sometime this last year they were upgraded to the G league. I'm not quite sure how that happened, but it did. So, it's a more difficult league and Disney was a difficult team to play against. Carrie is disappointed that we're in the G league now because she loved that my team played against the Nickelodeon Splats, but the Splats were always better than us, so I'd be surprised if they're still in the H league.

Last night I played third base, which I have played before both in Little League and previous Co-Ed Softball leagues. Third is ok...I can tend to miss grounder shots, but I managed to stop a good number of grounders (much to my own surprise). Once my arm stops being stiff, I can easily throw the ball from third to first. As it was yesterday, I could just barely get it there. All in all, however, an enjoyable time, even though the only time I got on base was because I walked. I have to get used to bats and batting again.

Softball & baseball are one of the great joys of summer, just as the produce section is one of the great joys of summer. I went to the store yesterday before my game to get some fruit for a snack before playing and was so excited because all of the delicious fruit is ready: cherries, strawberries, plums, pineapple, watermelon, etc. My favorite of the summer fruits, however, are nectarines. I love nectarines. I also love cherries. I can eat cherries until I get sick. So now I am living in a fruit paradise, which is wonderful.

- Jenny, 6/05/2007 09:01:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com