The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't a little worried that I want to be a chaplain. See, chaplains are a little strange...or sometimes a lot strange. So I wonder what this says about me. I'd like to think I'm not really strange but, with the evidence, I just don't know what to think.

I work with this person that I hadn't seen in a really, really long time. But I remember this person really clearly because I think this person is the oddest person ever. And so I was really kinda shocked to see this person at work today and I was really...trying to be entertained as I interacted with this person today because I can get frustrated really fast if I'm not lighthearted about it. We have our ridiculous terminology in seminary, what with words like "soteriological," "existential," "ontological," etc. But the words that come out of this person's mouth are...incredibly ridiculous and don't really even make any sense. Today this person was telling me they were a "maverick" who "galvinizes the lost souls," since this person is a "connectrician." This person also told me that they basically hired all of the chaplains and spiritual care managers at the hospital (which leaves me with a huge question of why this person is so low on the ladder if they hired everyone...hmm...). In addition to that, this person also was the first not only to coin the word "connectrician" and "connectricity" with an "actor friend," but also was the first to invent the laptop bag in Ireland in 1982. (you can be sure I raised my eyebrows at that statement) I really think this person is ridiculous and question whether this person really is a "connectrician," since 90% of the time I'm trying to de-code what this person is saying. Sigh. Maybe this person is better with patients. And maybe the hospital sees something more that I don't see. Or maybe they don't get lost in this person's speech...or don't think that he makes up 90% of everything he says.

Anyway, last night I rocked Mario Party. I was really quite shocked because: a.) I am horrible at playing video games, and b.) we figured out at the end of the night that my controller was faulty. Yet somehow I ended up in first place. Amazing! And fun!! But then the fun night ended up turning into a sleepless night for me. I had insane insomnia yesterday night. I tried to go to bed around midnight or 1 am and still was looking at the clock at 4:45 am, completely awake. Thankfully I could sleep in a bit before I went to the hospital this morning, but I still felt a bit sluggish today. And around 5 pm my eyes got this really weird inability to focus on anything.

I'm hoping that I can go to bed a little earlier tonight to catch up. I think there are some stress things that are getting to me and I just need to take some time to relax and not get all...worried about them. Next week I hope to go away for a couple of days...somewhere north along the coast somewhere. I have to figure it out. Maybe somewhere in the central coast.

- Jenny, 6/26/2007 08:39:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com