The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, June 25, 2007

I write tonight having come home from a GLORIOUS VICTORY! Last week after our game I was feeling all down because we lost to a team in the league below us. But then I remembered that I just enjoy playing with them, so it doesn't matter whether or not I win. THEN, yesterday when I was responding whether or not I could play today, I saw an "inspirational" quote in my Gmail account saying, "Most people have the will to win, few have the will to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight. And then it occurred to me: I had the will to win, but I had not been willing to prepare to win. I don't feel that I necessarily prepared to win today, but we won nonetheless (something embarrassing like 15-4). And I had a really fun time with my team. So it was a good night. And I had two good hits AND I got a double-play.

I hope it's a good pre-cursor for the week, as I have that phone interview tomorrow and my cousin's wedding later on this week. I'm not sure how I feel about the phone interview, but I am both excited and nervous about doing the officiating for David & Laura's wedding. I have to memorize (or, at least, try to memorize) a good portion of it and I suck at memorization. But maybe I can make notecards or something.

Well I'd write more, except I am being pressured by Joey, Carrie and Nathaniel to finish up so that we can play Mario Party on the Wii. Mario Party is probably my favorite video game to play, but I'm not too good at it. Maybe I can continue on my winning streak and do some more damage tonight...

- Jenny, 6/25/2007 09:42:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com