The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I just realized that my favorite morning news channel has a DJ. I saw him yesterday, but I figured that he was just a special guest or something. But no, he's back today. And he's a DJ. On a morning news program. What is with the news in this country?

I spent a portion of the day yesterday cleaning. It felt like a large portion of the day but it probably wasn't. The most exciting thing I did was clean out the living room closet. There would be random times throughout the day where I'd just go and open the closet and peer inside with satisfaction. This helped me strengthen me when looking at the rest of the house. You see, one of the joys of moving back home is living with my dad and brother, who insist neither on cleaning up after themselves, nor on throwing away anything (I'm sure my brother still has the boxes some of his Nintendo 64 games came in--those must absolutely not be thrown away or I will be in big trouble). But other things can be thrown away, especially if I don't call attention to it. For instance, in the living room closet I found a cable box being stored that is literally the cable box we had when I was a child. No joke. Needless to say, that got chucked (although I may fish it out for a picture because it is so classic).

I'm excellent at throwing things away. Our trash pick-up is every Thursday and I'm a bit upset that no one took the trash to the curb last week. This means that the trash bin is overflowing and that there is only so much work I can do in shaping up this place that needs a lot of shaping up (although perhaps not as much as this place).

The stuff that can possibly be salvaged we give to the Blind. The Blind might actually be the Vietnam Vets, but actually, I think the Blind are competitors with the Vets, but the Vets have the handy website through which to schedule a pick-up. Any which way, I like calling the people who pick up our discards "The Blind." Apparently I'm the only one who knows how to contact the Blind because there were bags of items for the Blind that were awaiting me upon my return. The Blind will be getting a windfall this Thursday when they come to pick up our stuff. Tons of clothes, some luggage, old phones (from the living room closet, no less), etc.

- Jenny, 5/30/2007 09:10:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com