The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I am proud of myself today for two reasons: a.) I woke up at 7:40 a.m. this morning AND got out of bed, even though I have absolutely nothing that I have to do (other than unpack and do laundry) and, b.) I applied to three jobs yesterday. One of my least favorite things to do is find a job. I hate everything about it - resumes, cover letters, job descriptions, interviews, promising that I am able to run the world, etc. I hate everything about it. But, I applied myself last night and searched and searched and applied to three. There's one in San Jose that I'm very interested in, but I suppose I don't really hold out much hope that any of the three will contact me...networking is really the best way to find a job, not the internet. Nonetheless, I hope to go to the BPL today for a couple of hours to sit in their cushy chairs and apply for a few more as well as do some graphic design. My thought is that if I go there I won't be distracted into doing other things.

In other news, I've been settling back into being home. Yesterday I did three loads of laundry and unpacked three or four boxes and both of my suitcases. It felt like a lot of work, but is just a small piece of my unpacking. You see, my car is still full of stuff I have to fit in my room. I have no idea what I will do with all of my books (I have boxes and boxes of them), so they might remain all packed up in their boxes and stored in the corner or something.

In-between that, I'm busy trying to clean the house. I'm also having to figure out my brother's new set-up for the TV. He has made it so that there are many options for the huge TV: digital cable including HD channels, surround sound, xBox 360 (I'm a good sister in that I instantly recognized that he got a new one because this one is black and the one we had before was white), HD-DVD player, Wii, etc. The only thing that's missing is a DVD-R. Evidentially, we are serious about our television entertainment over here and it always takes me a few days to adjust to learning how to turn everything on. Well, there's something new for me to learn: a very fancy universal remote that controls them all, much like one ring to rule them all. If you click on the universal remote link, you will see many buttons and an LCD screen. The instant I saw it I became afraid. However, I've learned that it's actually really easy to use (once explained to me) and now I can navigate my way to any channel. Whether I can play a DVD is another matter entirely.

So pretty much I'm leading an exciting and extravagant life. It's both a bit weird that I'm home and a bit weird that I'm a graduate.

- Jenny, 5/29/2007 08:02:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com