The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, May 14, 2007

Greetings from Boston! Danny and I have managed to drive through eight states today: Maryland > Delaware > Pennsylvania > lunch in NJ > New York > Connecticut > Rhode Island > Massachusetts. If we were troopers, we could have made it 10 by continuing on to New Hampshire and Maine. But eight is sufficient for me - it doubles the record of the number of states I've been in in one day, and that's no small feat.

Danny arrived late on Saturday night/Sunday morning and he and I awoke Sunday morning to see Tracey preach. The nice thing about Danny is that he is an early morning riser, which is a nice combo because by the time I'm waking up at 9 a.m., he's already awake because he normally gets up at 5 a.m. pacific time. I don't think he and I could manage to travel together if we were both adjusted to the same time zone. As it is, he's still waking up earlier than I am over here. Anyway, after church we drove down to DC to see the Nationals play and then caught the Metro to see the monuments in DC. Then we returned to Tracey's, ate some pizza and watched the Producers.

On our marathon drive today I acquired a new state - Rhode Island. Although it was a brief jaunt through, I really enjoyed driving through Rhode Island. I was interested to see that there were a lot more evergreens than poplar trees and, although we didn't stop in RI at all, it seems like Providence would be a great city to live in!

Boston, however, is great. I love, love, LOVE the Boston accent AND the weather is great (at least, it is today). If it wasn't for the massive amounts of snow that are pretty much guaranteed to fall on Boston every year, I'd totally love to live in Boston. Tonight Danny and I went to a microbrew located in Harvard Square for dinner. Although I've been to Boston before, I didn't get to Harvard. It was dark when we got there, but it looks like Princeton has a prettier campus, but Harvard has a much more happening nightlife/is a better college town.

Tomorrow we'll explore Boston and then hit up a Red Sox game later on tomorrow night. Then returning back to Princeton on Wednesday. Danny will hook up with his parents or my dad and Uncle Brad and I'll do the various tasks I have before me before graduating (packing up my room, painting another picture, etc.).

- Jenny, 5/14/2007 04:52:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com