The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Sunday, May 20, 2007

Currently, I'm supposed to be packing, but I'm taking a bit of a break to do this, as it is so boring to pack everything up. I've sent Dad, Joey and Carrie off to watch Hot Fuzz (which I thought was hilarious) whilst I continue to pack.

I'm now a Master of Divinity, which means (to copy Curtis' statement) that I am now officially unemployed. Almost all of my family who came are now gone (except my brother and Carrie, who leave tomorrow, and my dad, who will drive across the massive USA with me) and now I am packing up all of my possessions by thinking carefully, "Do I want this so badly that I will want to take it all the way across the country with me and then unpack it and find somewhere to store it in California?"

Speaking of our drive, it sounds like it'll be a short one (comparatively to the last times). Dad and I will leave tomorrow (Monday) and be home by Saturday. I think our route is as follows (and, from what I hear, we'll be driving 8-10 hours per day):

Day 1: New Jersey through Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and West Virginia to stay somewhere in Kentucky.
Day 2: Kentucky through Indiana and Illinois to stay in St. Louis, Missouri.
Day 3: St. Louis, Missouri to stay somewhere in Kansas.
Day 4: Somewhere in Kansas to stay in Denver, Colorado.
Day 5: Denver, Colorado to stay somewhere in Utah.
Day 6: Somewhere in Utah through Nevada (I think I'll be passing through Las Vegas, Kathryn - when I figure out timing, maybe we could get together for a meal or something?) to home in Burbank, California.

This trip I will pick up 4 more US states visited (Kentucky, Kansas, Colorado and Utah), upping my total of 32 states (62%) to 36/50 (putting me at an even 70%), which I suppose is admirable. I love to drive (even long drives), but I just hate driving across the country. It just is amazing how big America is and how empty it is. There are lots of vast vistas like this. And sharing the road with boatloads of these is a given. It's just a lot of driving to be doing. But I suppose it's a great way to see the country, as I probably visited only 12 states before moving to NJ (CA, OR, WA, NV, AZ, TX, GA, IL, NJ, NY, MD, VA).

- Jenny, 5/20/2007 12:13:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com