The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, April 26, 2007

While we're on the subject of men's hairstyles, I would like to make one thing clear: Desmond does not wear a mullet. He is far too attractive to make such a move.

And while we're on the subject of men's fashion advice, I would like to say that I have none to give (except maybe to the Scotsman about button-downs). So, whoever you are who searched for "summer medieval wear for men", I'm afraid you won't find any answers here.

I've been packing up some boxes of my stuff (winter clothes, books) to mail home to California. This morning I woke up and one of the first things I saw were these boxes, wrapped up, ready to go to the post office. My thought, "Woah! Someone has come and left presents for me!" Then I realized they weren't presents at all and I packed them just the night before.

Since Wikipedia is my homepage, I often will browse the home page for items of interest. Imagine my delight when I saw that today is indeed World Intellectual Property Day! I have had many ingenious ideas for new and innovative products throughout the years. I think this is because I think a little bit differently from others (maybe this is why I have my fair share of eccentricities) and yet don't realize this different thinking until it is plainly (and sometimes painfully) clear that I am often alone in my opinions about things and will have to take measures to convince others of my side.

Anyway, the theme this year for World Intellectual Property Day is Encouraging Creativity.* I can't think of a better way to encourage creativity than to spur gum makers to think outside of the box and create a salt-flavored gum. Think of how much snacking America does that revolves around salty products. And think of how a salt-flavored gum could revolutionize our society. Since I love the flavor of salt, I would be willing to give away my intellectual property over this idea just for the gum to be created. I've been talking with a friend here at school about this salt gum idea, and I think she's latched on. She just feels that the flavor itself could not solely be salt, but should be paired with something else. Like I guess a lot of people will put salt on their melons, so perhaps a salted melon gum or something like that. I do not salt my fruit, so I cannot comment about how good that might taste, but perhaps my thinking needs to be moved more into that area.

* As an aside, I don't think it's very creative for the World Intellectual Property Day people to use the same "Encouraging Creativity" theme in 2002, 2004 and now again in 2007. I encourage them to have a little more creativity when devising themes!

My thoughts on LOST episode #18: D.O.C.
I don't think I have that much to say about last night's episode, which I thought was ok. It wasn't great (until the end), but it wasn't bad, either. I feel like they took a long time to getting around to the point of it. Here are my thoughts:

a.) I swear I remember this lady from another episode. She looks SO familiar, but Lostpedia doesn't give any other episode references. Does anyone else remember her?
b.) I don't believe Sun will die. I have a feeling that hers will be the first successful birth and survival of a woman on the island. I wonder, however, if perhaps the island dynamics for pregnant women have changed post not pushing the button?
c.) I was shocked to see Mikhail still alive! How is he not dead? Furthermore, how do Charlie, Desmond, Hurley and Jin know so much about what happened when Sayid, Kate and Locke were at the Flame station? That was not believeable to me because no one talks about their experiences on this island.
d.) I want to know who this parachutist is, how she knows Desmond, what she is doing on the island. I also was not expecting her to say that the found the plane and dead survivors of Flight 815. I just do not know what to make of that.

- Jenny, 4/26/2007 10:18:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com