The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Friday, April 20, 2007

Well, I'm here in South Carolina. Can someone control the temperature in this state? I got off the plane and it was HOT. Sure, it maybe was only 70-ish degrees F, but it felt so hot (thank goodness I'm going to wear a skirt tomorrow!). I do not know how I will survive in California this summer if I think that 70 is hot. I have never liked the heat of southern California summers. Ever. And it feels like it just gets hotter every year.

It's cool outside now and I'm in my hotel room, which is freezing cold - air conditioner on at full blast. I've since turned it off (once I figured out the thermostat), but it's still chilly in here - I will require all of the blankets tonight! If only there was some magical place in this world where the temperature was always somewhere in the range of 40F to 70F. I would be a very happy camper.

My flight down was fairly brief on what must be the smallest plane I have ever been on. There was only one seat on the left and two on the right x 19 rows, which means that there were only 57 people on the plane. When I stood up on the center aisle, my head was only two to three inches from the ceiling. One of the men in front of me was a good 5 or so inches taller than I am, so he had tilt his head sideways - it looked SO uncomfortable. The thing about the plane, though, was that it felt like it had a lot of pick-up...felt very zippy, unlike larger planes that feel more like a lumberjack running in the forest. I don't know, but I guess it'd be fun to fly.

Anyway, I arrived and we went to an arts fair (my favorite artist on display was this lady's landscapes - beautiful!) and I was wined and dined (I cannot begin to tell you how good my lamb was) and now I'm at the hotel. In true southern fashion (I suppose), I note that it's interesting that the Holy Bible is displayed prominently on the nightstand (instead of inside the drawer).

Well I'm feeling a bit tired, so I suppose I'll start getting ready for bed. Long day tomorrow!

- Jenny, 4/20/2007 09:00:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com