The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Wednesday, April 25, 2007

So there is this guy around campus who has been steadily growing a mohawk. Now I'm not a huge fan of the mohawk hairstyle, but since I know this guy and since he's fun to play volleyball with and since I don't want to embarrass him by pointing out that he is wearing a mohawk, I have let it slip quietly by the wayside. His hairstyle is of little consequence to my life.

But yesterday when I walked into Starbucks to get coffee with Tracey and Amy, both up from Maryland for the day, I noticed that not one, but TWO of the baristas (or whatever they're called) were sporting mohawks. Now these mohawks are not the extreme punk rock type of mohawk. They're wider (at like 4 inches wide) and shorter (at maybe .5 inches high). They match almost exactly the mohawk this guy at school is wearing. And then it hit me - perhaps this is the latest male hairstyle trend? I suppose I don't notice much what men are wearing or how they're wearing their hair because it's often such a slight difference that the result is really inconsequential to me. But mohawks I notice because I just cannot understand why anyone would want to wear a mohawk, especially if you were going to do a mundane mohawk. I mean, if you're going to do it, you might as well go all out. I have a little more respect for that than I do this businessman's mohawk. The businessman's mohawk just doesn't do it for me. Nor does the faux hawk, but that's a different story for a different day.

Well, the sermon went well yesterday afternoon...of all of the sermons I have given (all 8 of them or whatever), this one was probably the best received. The worst criticism was that I talked too rapidly, which is a comment I usually get. I don't think I'm talking that fast, but I probably am and it's probably because I just want to be done with it so I can sit down. There are some small things I need to fix in it, but I'll post it for you to read, anyway. (that is, if you happen to have any interest)

Anyway, I officially only have two classes left of my seminary career. Although I suppose I cannot call it a career, since I am technically paying to do it. I have to finish a paper this week which should technically be easy because I just have to write about myself (and I, afterall, am an expert on myself), but it has been difficult going so far (only one or two pages written out of ten) because it deals wiht an area of my life (my future!) that I just don't have any answers for currently. I have ideas of what I want to say. The difficulty is just in saying it.

Tonight is LOST, which is awesome. And looking on Lostpedia, it should be a Sun and Jin episode. I love Sun (Jin has his moments), so it should be a good one tonight.

- Jenny, 4/25/2007 11:44:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com