The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, April 12, 2007

I haven't been as productive this week as I've wanted to be. I think I may go to my class later on this morning, hand in my paper and then leave. That is so not me, but sometimes things like this have to be done, I suppose.

When I awoke today I was surprised to see rain. I was even more surprised when I went to go drop something in campus mail that it's raining fairly hard. I suppose today's an umbrella day, but I really don't like umbrellas. I don't like carrying them, I don't like sharing them with other people (because one, if not both, people usually get just as wet as if there were no umbrella), and I don't like how much space they take up when they're open. I much prefer to wear my raincoat and have my head get wet. But the rain serves to remind me that I am tired of wearing my hair in braids. I usually wear my hair in two french braids either when it is raining or when I don't want to (or can't) blow dry my hair. I'm bored with this look, but I don't know how else I can wear my hair. I should investigate other styles. Until then, looks like today will be a double french braid day. Good thing I didn't get my hair cut yesterday when I was irritated about everything - I might have told them to cut it all off.

My thoughts on last night's LOST episode #16, One of Us.
In one word: Awesome. In two words: Freaking Awesome. It was so good that I am seriously considering watching it again online today. I was SO tired last night (at 8 p.m. I was debating going to bed) that I considered not watching LOST, but I kept myself awake and the ending of LOST was worth every second of staying up "late." I love Juliet and I love her even more after this episode. I knew she wasn't gassed, but I guess I didn't fully realize that means she's going to infiltrate the Losties and spy on them or whatever. And - the work by Ben to make Claire sick and Juliet the only one who can help her is simply genius. It's entirely devious, but genius nonetheless. I think the next five episodes will cover the week that Juliet will be at camp and then the season finale will be when she returns to the Others. Regarding the whole cancer issue in this episode, I am wondering if this is an experimental island, of sorts, where somehow they can't contract cancer (I don't know what happened to Ben - I'm still working on that) and that the reason why people are not allowed to go back is because they will develop some sort of fast-acting cancer, so to stay on the island is for their protection. And one question - if babies can't be born on the island, how is it that Ben was born and grew up there?

- Jenny, 4/12/2007 06:45:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com