The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, February 05, 2007

Ohmygoodness - it is frigid outside. When walking back from class to my dorm, I couldn't believe how cold it was. Came back, looked at the temperature and it all makes sense - actual temp is 10F, feels like -12. Compare that to when I talked to my dad on the phone last night, who said it was a beautiful 80F in Burbank yesterday...yes, I am the one who decided that I wanted a change in environment...

Well, last night I performed my American duty by watching the Superbowl. I went up to watch with my church's high school youth group. They always host their Superbowl party in someone's house, which I love because I love to see people's living environments. The highlight of the night was when the neighbors came over and brought their super cute 8 year-old twin girls over. They approached Kent, a 17 year-old high school senior, and asked him, "How do we know you?" Kent says, "Um...I don't know." Then one of the twins gasps adoringly and exclaims, "Were you the one who jumped off the bridge?" Turns out Kent played Javert in the high school production of Les Mis last spring. It was funny to see the infatuation these girls had for Kent. Later on in the evening, they asked Kent, "Why did you jump off the bridge?" Hmm...how to explain suicide to an 8 year-old...

Anyway, although I know the rules of football and can enjoy watching a game, I was only minimally watching the game and the commercials. Otherwise, I was talking with the high schoolers or browsing through one of this family's magazines, The New York Dog Magazine, incredulous that such a magazine exists and that someone would subscribe to it. In the magazine they showed a picture of an Airedale Terrier, which I think is the cutest dog on the planet (with its large snout, bell-bottom-shaped legs and handlebar mustache), so the magazine was redeemed a little bit.

Of the commercials I did see, I liked this one, but primarily because it reminded me of the time when Emily was trying to set Tracey up with a guy she knew and we all ended up nicknaming him "Bob." And it seemed that this one was just being used to make everyone feel guilty for what they were eating last night.

- Jenny, 2/05/2007 07:03:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com