The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Monday, January 22, 2007

Since the dining hall is closed this week, I took myself out last night for chinese food at Wegmans. (how exciting is that, going to a grocery store for chinese food?) Then I went to see Dreamgirls. It was good, but it was hard for me to keep track of the time in the movie - what year they were in and stuff. Musicals aren't really my thing, but it was pretty good.

I keep forgetting that I'm going to the monastery today. I suppose because my last week has felt kind of like a perpetual lazy Saturday afternoon, where I have had all the time in the world to do nothing. Thank goodness people keep asking me when I am leaving - otherwise I think I may have forgotten I was going altogether...because, you know, it's still Saturday afternoon.

I've already finished The Undertaking a few days ago, so I won't be taking that on the trip. I'll be taking my trusty Hebrew -> English Tanak to read over the book of Ruth for my impending exegesis ordination exam next Saturday (I am desperate for your prayers for passing this test), In Dubious Battle, and a new travel book I picked up in the bookstore yesterday. So far I'm not super excited about the travel book - it's kind of boring. But each chapter is written by a different writer, so it may look up. Then I'll probably also pack my travel watercolor kit and a couple of pieces of watercolor paper. Everytime I've gone to the monastery so far, I have painted something. By far, my favorite paintings that I've done while there were done both my first year - this one in the main reading room and this one in a smaller sitting room.

I guess I am leaving in about an hour and a half. I should probably pack. I'm looking forwawrd to going, but I am just slightly anxious about driving up there because there's a chance of snow. (it snowed last night and left some stuff on the ground, but I don't know if that's all or if we should be expecting more) I feel more confident in driving in snow now that I've lived in Princeton for a few years, but it still makes me a little bit tense. And it makes me even a bit more tense that snow is expected on Wednedsay afternoon when I leave to come home. But I'm sure it'll be fine. I'm a relatively good driver.

- Jenny, 1/22/2007 06:56:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com