The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, January 11, 2007

I'm back from my travels from the west to the east, but not without travail. Yesterday morning when I was brushing my teeth, I got the most wonderful call ever. Tracey called to see if I still needed a ride to the airport. So, I didn't have to worry about that anymore.

What I didn't think I'd have to worry about was my plane ride but, in fact, I did. I arrived about an hour and a half early to the Burbank airport (which is SO small, so an hour and a half is quite generous) for my 8:30 a.m. flight. Checked in and the kiosk told me that my plane already took off. Um...excuse me? So then I talked with the woman behind the counter, and she stated so matter of factly that my plane already departed as if to insinuate that I should have known. Well, when the airline doesn't communicate that the plane time has been changed, it's not as easy to know. So, with a lot of typing on her keyboard, she managed to get me on a flight to San Francisco, and from San Francisco to Newark. She booked me on both flights so I didn't have to worry about being stand-by this time, but it meant that I would be getting into Newark a whole three hours later, at 9 p.m. There went my idea of going to the library when I got home. Tracey handled all of this in stride, but it was a little bit discouraging to me.

I managed to read the rest of Lucia, Lucia, which is a book that is sorta like the Food Channel meets InStyle magazine with a twist, watch the Gridiron Gang (which did manage to make me a bit verklempt), and wrote about a third of my final sermon.

Getting used to east coast time is difficult. I tried so hard to go to sleep last night, and still wasn't asleep by 2 a.m. I woke up around 10:30 a.m., but could have slept for so much longer. I guess now I'll get some lunch and then, after lunch, hit that final sermon hard, since I have to turn them in tomorrow.

- Jenny, 1/11/2007 08:57:00 AM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com