The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Thursday, September 14, 2006

I swear my room is only getting worse, not better, as I unpack my things, which is incredibly frustrating because I like to keep my room neat and tidy because I think better in that sort of environment. I get a little done here and there, but have mostly been sidetracked with helping people move in (yes, Terrence and Sergio - I have moved actual boxes out of actual cars and into actual rooms) and in preparing nametags for the doors on my floor. I hope to make some progress tomorrow and Saturday when these duties will lessen.

You can look at some cluttered pictures of my desk here and here and here (that middle drawer I affectionately call the pantry). It's not actually really to show you the clutter (because the actual clutter is more on the dresser), but to show Ann that we got new desks in our room. They're pretty sweet, except for the keyboard tray that is not working so well for me as a desk tray, since the stuff keeps falling out the back onto the floor.

In addition to having a cluttered room, I also have cluttered email boxes. This morning I had 75 or so in my school account, 30 or so in my gmail account and 20 or so in my AOL account. Today I whittled my school account down to 30-ish, which is most definitely progress. I hope to also work on my other two accounts and get it back to a managable state.

So I've taken to listening to the Religion & Ethics NewsWeekly on PBS podcast. I found it when I was looking for some other podcast and thought I'd give it a whirl, and I really like it. One of the first stories episodes I listened to had a story about young people in ministry and they interviewed a Jennifer Smith. Not me, of course, because I am now on the wrong side of 25. They were interviewing, of course, Jennifer Smith, Methodist at Drew Seminary in New Jersey. I know of Drew because it is close to Summit, so we have some people at my church who go to school there and my supervisor's husband also teaches there. So, naturally, I was hooked on the show because I had a personal connection. But what I particularly like about the show is that it covers topics that are not exclusively Christian. Like tonight I learned about the Hindu god Vishnu in one of the episodes I listened to. Very interesting.

Well, I officially bought my plane ticket to London yesterday. Or was it the day before - without structure, days are hard for me to remember... Anyway, I am both really excited and really nervous. I'm leaving on Halloween and returning the following Monday. I am still working out where exactly I'll be lodging, but I feel that I have a decent handle on the situation.

Considering I was exhausted at 3:30 p.m., it is so time for bed now.

- Jenny, 9/14/2006 09:21:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com