The Medieval Bestseller
I read it somewhere on the Internet...
Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I guess I've been a negligent blogger. I have no pictures of our drive from Blacksburg/Christiansburg, VA to Princeton. It's ok, it was mostly grey, drizzly and uneventful. It was, however, the day when we covered the most states: 4 (Virginia, Maryland, Delaware--for a whole 15 or so miles, and New Jersey). I guess the coolest part was driving through downtown Washington DC on the anniversary of 9/11. I didn't see a whole lot going on as we cruised down Constitution Ave., but we did pass by the Washington Memorial, which was surrounded by half-mast flags. That was cool. I thought to myself, "Self, you should take a picture of that" precisely as we passed it.

It was cloudy and drizzly for our whole trip except once we entered New Jersey. I kid you not, entering New Jersey was kinda like a weather Promised Land. It was sunny and beautiful. That has even continued today. It is in the mid to high 60s, everything is green and, on my drive up to Summit to pick up my things, I saw not one, not two, but (count 'em) THREE baby deer frolicking around.

Today has been mostly about getting my room into order. What is not in order is that my refrigerator is missing from my room. People do stay in our rooms during the summer (which is why we have to pack absolutely everything up), so either one of those people took my fridge or it has been put somewhere "safe." I have an email into housing, but they say they don't know anything about it. So my debate right now is - buy a new fridge for the year or live this year without one. I could probably live without one, but it was so nice last year being able to refrigerate things.

I went up to Summit this afternoon (the city where I go to church, about an hour away) and said hi to my church friends, which was really neat. They were happy to see me and I to see them. Then I met up with this lady who I helped make a cover for her book, which is a harmony of the gospels. Her idea is really cool, so I helped her make a cover right before I left NJ for the summer, and I visited with her this afternoon and helped her talk to the printer and she gave me my own copy of the book. Definitely check it out. She has taken all of the four gospels (up to the Passion) and arranged them in this way so you can compare what each gospel says. This is the most creative gospel harmony I have seen.

Then I picked up all of my boxes that have been stored at a couple houses up there and came back down to Princeton. I'm glad that I didn't get into an accident - the blind spot on my right-hand side was especially blind. Had dinner with Emily and Joanne and then unloaded everything from my car into my room (with Emily and this guy Bill's help, who happened to be passing by, just like the Good Samaritan). Now I must continue to unpack tonight until I find my robe and towel, so that I can shower tomorrow. I'm hoping I'll be able to find it soon. I'm also hoping that I'll be able to arrange all of this stuff STAT because I absolutely hate the clutter.

Gotta get back to unpacking, but I would also like to say that I saw my friend Tracey from Northen Ireland (whose title at school is something like "diversity coordinator") at lunch and that it was a day brightener. I'm not just saying that because she reads this blog and counts how many times she's mentioned (and in what fashion. Now if she'd just dump all of the international students so that we can hang out!

- Jenny, 9/12/2006 07:37:00 PM

Blogs I Read Manually
Blogs I Read Via RSS
End of an era?
Contact Me
Archives
Weblog Commenting by HaloScan.com